Mr Morris runs the library with the help of 27 student librarians.
There is a large selection of factual and fiction books, so pop in and find a book.
Library Behaviour Policy
(This policy was written in Summer 2015 by the Student Librarians)
- The Library is the place to read, research, study, or find a book
- Show care when using all library resources
- Respect users so use a quiet voice
- Sign into the Library, writing legibly, using both first and last names.
- Students wishing to use the Library for only part of the period need to obtain a Library Pass from the Library staff prior to the beginning of the lunch period.
- Students should throw away all trash, push in their chairs, and return any borrowed items to the circulation desk.
- No mailing, chatting, game playing, downloading, objectionable websites, streaming video or non-related school usage.
- One student per computer.
- Students violating the above rules may be asked to leave the Library and/or restricted from using the Library, other than when accompanied by a teacher, for a designated period of time.
Break and Lunchtime Management
- Students must visit Mr Morris before registration to collect a library pass to allow them access to the library at break and lunch
- Allow for the maximum of 50 students including year 11 and librarians.
Policy on Books
- Book loan up to 3 weeks
- Overdue books 3 notice warning system
- Last notice should be sent to parents
- Allow 2-3 days for reserved books after which books should be return back to stock